Old 22-08-2003, 11:42 AM
Frogleg

Default I don't think this is a habanero

On 21 Aug 2003 10:44:14 -0700, (MOO112) wrote:

The fruits, which start out purple, are about 3/4" to 1" long, and
around 1/2" circumferance in diameter. After several weeks, the purple
fruits will change to vanilla, then to orange, and then to red. The
bush is around 2-1/2' tall, and is 2 and a half years old. The peppers
are quite hot.

This ain't a habanero f'r sure. I grew a pepper than sounds very
similar several years ago -- I seem to remember a female name
associated with it. They were promoted for their multi-color fruit,
not particularly for eating, but they were very zingy indeed.

Does picking peppers promote new pepper growth, or is the yield
predetermined?

I've never thought of this. I just pick (unpickled!) peppers, from
bells to cayenne, when they're ripe or I need some peppers.