Old 22-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Axolotl

Default New Pond

"Tasha" wrote in
:

do i feed the fish and how often must i switch the pump on?

Welcome to the world of ponding.

Although everybody here will try to help you and give you the best
possible advice, it might be a good idea to try and contact the previous
owner? They may be willing to give you some information on caring for the
pond, or maybe some info on how it is set up. Failing that, try talking
to your new neighbours they may know something.

We need a little more information before we can really help you.

How big is the pond? How many gallons or it's dimensions and shape
including how deep?
What features does it have, waterfall, stream...?
What plants? if you don't know names try describing them.
How many plants? Where are they, in the pond, at the edge near the
surface?
How big is the pump? How many gallons does it pump or the make and model
(somebody here will probably know its output)?
Are you sure that there is no filter. It could be hidden at the top of a
waterfall.
What colour is the water? How clear is the water? This information may
give us an indication about filters etc.

Feeding I will leave to somebody more knowledgeable. I would be inclined
to leave the pump running 7/24 until we know more.

Axo