Old 22-08-2003, 10:02 PM
Ray

Default I think I need help.

If it was mine, it would be given standard ascocenda conditions, and fed and
watered frequently - which is likely what you're giving it. I would
absolutely not worry about the sun scalding inflorescences.

My guess is that either the plant is simply not mature enough to sustain
flowering, or you happened to get a particularly recalcitrant one.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"femalestrom" wrote in message
I have this plant:

Ronnyra Thai Bonbon

It is making me insane.

So..... 4 times this year it has put up an inflorescence, and I
have only had it since April or so. The first two I though it
was temperature fluctuations. The last two I thought the sun
was scalding them. So I moved the plant about a foot back
so the inflorescence would be shaded, but not the plant. They
both turned yellow and shrived. So I thought.. okay.. better
luck next year. Now it looks like it is spiking again, and
after 4 tries, I sort of want to see this one work. I can't figure
out what the problem is. It is basically in basket culture, high
light. If it weren't spiking at all, I would think the plant was
just not as happy as it could be, but every month or so it
wants to torture me.

Any ideas?

Crystal

--