Old 23-08-2003, 05:12 AM
Susan Erickson

Default fungus among us

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 00:17:20 GMT, "P.J. Bloodworth"
wrote:

. A couple of weeks

went by and one morning I saw growing out of the bottom drainage hole of the
suspended pot this huge white gilled mushroom with a cap about 3-4 inches in
diameter!

Is this cause for concern, or do orchids and orchid growers just live and
let live?

Jeff

The only time I have seen anything like this, the mix was old and
had gotten damp in storage before use. Or I did have one friend
who preferred to pot Cymbidiums up in a rather odd mix of barn
waste and "mushroom compost" Which he said provide the hot mix
they needed to grow. To say nothing of the odor which kept them
out of the house or gh until late fall frosts.
SuE