Old 23-08-2003, 11:42 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default Mares tail

Are you hallucinating up there in Alaska, Jan?
You're trippin', babe.

Raising the pH just might work.

Jan Flora wrote in message
In article ,
(Ed) wrote:

HELP!
Please can any one tell me how to get rid of the weed Mares Tail

Napalm. Agent Orange. A big bulldozer and a full-soil replacement
with Typar underlayment. (Or concrete.)

Equisetum has underground roots that go all the way to China. Or it
seems like it. The coal seams in my area are lithified Giant Horsetail
plants from the Pleistocene. (!)

When you pull the Mare's Tails up, get as much root as you can, each time.
I have it in my garden and all over the ranch, in our wetter hay meadows.
It's awful stuff. It's prehistoric. So are sharks. Good luck, pard.

I've always wondered if sweetening up the soil pH with lime would make
Horsetail (Equisetum) feel unwelcome. I haven't tried it yet, but intend
to give it a shot.

Jan