Old 23-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Barb

Default [IBC] Yaupon Holly as mame

Good morning everyone, and Jay..
Is Youpon (sp?) that grows wild here in southeast Texas the same as what
you are talking about? It is a nusance srub here, one can hardly kill it
out, not that I try to, it makes wonderful big privacy barriers between
homes. Here ' Wild Holly" has leaves that have points the will stick you
and hurt on the leaves and are nothing like youpon.. both have red berries
in the fall.
This year I discovered something I have never seen in my life, a varigated
youpon in my back yard. At least there are two little branches that are
carring varigated leaves, has to be a "Sport" I called a nursery about it
and she said it might be valuable..??? Don't know, She said to nurture it
through the summer and the try to root it, she suggested 'air layering',
what would be the fasted and safest way to get roots so I cna make it into a
Bonsai? I think it would make a great looking one.
many thanks,
Barb

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++