Old 23-08-2003, 05:32 PM
VRB300

Default Slow growing plants

After losing a few fish early in the year it is now evident that the water
lettuce in one of my gardens is the same size it was in June when introduced.
The anacharis has barely grown and the water lily has just now produced
flowers. The water is crystal clear with no obvious explanation since I have
no exotic filter or UV light. Am I looking at chemical condition here? The PH
measured 7.8 a few days ago.
By contrast, the other garden has anacharis spreading all over the surface and
the lettuce is growing but not as fast as previous years. The water lily was
slow growing as the other one. PH in this one is 7.6. Several new fish
introduced did not last long. Anyone have some ideas?

Vince