Old 24-08-2003, 09:42 AM
Neil Jones

Default Unknown Catipillar

"David Hill" wrote in message ...
".........Big bugger isn't it? ......."

Certainly is, measured 18 inches on my screen when it first came up,

later came the smaller pic. with the ruler.

Elephant Hawk moth, had them a few years ago (Swansea area) but none for the
last 3 years.

They are still around David. My parents live a few hundred yards from
your nursery and they had a caterpillar in their garden last week.
It is a very common species. The caterpillar looks very unusual. I've
had them brought to me many times by curious neighbours who know my
interest.
I guessed what it would be even before I saw the picture.
--
Neil Jones- http://www.butterflyguy.com/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn