Old 24-08-2003, 09:03 PM
Chris Hogg

Default Ivy

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 16:21:10 +0100, Pauline
wrote:

Hi there I wonder if anyone can help, I have a problem with ivy in my
garden, and wonder if any one can tell me how to get rid of it root
including, but leaving the ground safe to plant next year. thanks for
any help

I've found that spraying ivy with 'Root-Out' or similarly named
chemicals containing ammonium sulphamate at the recommended strength
does it serious harm. Whether now is the best time to do it I don't
know, but I spray mine earlier in the year when it's growing strongly.
AIUI ammonium sulphamate decomposes harmlessly and leaves no nasty
residues. DO NOT confuse it with ammonium sulphate, which will do the
ivy no harm at all (quite the opposite in fact).

--
Chris