Old 24-08-2003, 04:22 PM
Pauline

Default Ivy

Hi there I wonder if anyone can help, I have a problem with ivy in my
garden, and wonder if any one can tell me how to get rid of it root
including, but leaving the ground safe to plant next year. thanks for
any help
Old 24-08-2003, 05:13 PM
Janet Sanderson

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 16:21:10 +0100, Pauline
wrote:

Hi there I wonder if anyone can help, I have a problem with ivy in my
garden, and wonder if any one can tell me how to get rid of it root
including, but leaving the ground safe to plant next year. thanks for
any help

did anyone ever come up with an alternative name for creosote?
Still trying to get rid of my ivy
Janet
Old 24-08-2003, 09:03 PM
Chris Hogg

wrote:

Hi there I wonder if anyone can help, I have a problem with ivy in my
garden, and wonder if any one can tell me how to get rid of it root
including, but leaving the ground safe to plant next year. thanks for
any help

I've found that spraying ivy with 'Root-Out' or similarly named
chemicals containing ammonium sulphamate at the recommended strength
does it serious harm. Whether now is the best time to do it I don't
know, but I spray mine earlier in the year when it's growing strongly.
AIUI ammonium sulphamate decomposes harmlessly and leaves no nasty
residues. DO NOT confuse it with ammonium sulphate, which will do the
ivy no harm at all (quite the opposite in fact).

--
Chris

Ivy, Ivy & more ivy Roger Tonkin[_2_] United Kingdom 6 08-07-2016 09:48 PM
To ivy or not to ivy, that's the question? TimLondon United Kingdom 15 07-05-2013 06:08 PM
IVY IVY IVY JCYates United Kingdom 15 28-08-2008 11:22 AM
poisen ivy--scotts roundup poisen ivy ilaboo Lawns 4 06-06-2008 12:52 AM
Getting rid of ivy? Andy Gardening 2 17-02-2003 06:03 PM