Old 24-08-2003, 09:23 PM
~Vicki ~

Default Seeking opinions about substrate options

That may be true for some plants, such as hornwort or anacharis, which
seem to grow no matter what you do to them, but there are a great many
that simply won't flourish in gravel. For example, swords crave a very
rich sub, which I've found requires a denser material, like sand.

Swords is the bulk of what I grow very successfully in gravel. In fact
I have so many varieties of Echinodorus growing in gravel that I had to
post again and tell ya that that is not true.

Vicki