Old 25-08-2003, 04:22 AM
dkat

Default Can someone tell me what this weed is?

I love chickweed! Anytime I'm having trouble with a respiratory illness I
chew on a bunch of it and my breathing vastly improves. DK

"Jan Flora" wrote in message
In article , "Leslie"
wrote:

This weed grows low to the ground and creeps out from the center. The

roots
are fairly short, about 1 1/2-2 inches deep. There are double small

leaves
about 1/4 inch then a lot of smaller double leaves with tiny seeds

growing
at their base. It seems rather invasive but doesn't move into the grass.

have it growing on the outskirts of my yard and now it's also growing

around
my veggie garden. I'm in Eastern WA, zone 5, if that helps. Thanks. Oh,
almost forgot, here's a picture of it:
http://ajgraphics.netfirms.com/unidweed.html

Leslie

Your photo is a little out of focus. Is the weed really succulent? It sure

looks
like chickweed to me.

If so, it's edible. (Alt.folklore.herbs folks can tell you about eating it
and using
it in medicinal applications. It's the scourge of gardeners the world

over.)

Jan in Alaska
Zone 3 (with chickweed in my garden)