Old 25-08-2003, 07:12 AM
Karen Mullen

Default PH question

I have a question regarding the Master Test Kit by Aquarium Phamaceuticals.

It has 2 Ph tests, one for freshwater and one for high Ph. If I test my
water using both tests I get different readings and I don't understand why. If
I use the freshwater test it reads 7.4, but when I do the High ph it reads 8.4
all the time anytime of the day. I believe my Ph is 7.4 because I add baking
soda to raise the KH, but why wouldn't the high range test show 7.4 also, it's
part of the color code. Anyone know why and what my Ph really is?

TIA
Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH