Old 25-08-2003, 06:12 PM
FarmerDill

Default growing popping corn

Baby Rice? Sounds like a strange name for corn! I'll so a search on Jungs
and Shumways and see what I can find!

Thanks!

rona

FYI
"Rice" popcorn has been around at least back to the 1900's. It was often listed
under Japanese nmes like Japanese hulless, seems I remember one named Tom
Thumb. Major characteristic was a small ear with prickly pointed grains. Grains
were about the same size as rice which may be the source of the name. Very
tender, but small, The big yellow popping corn (South American Dynamite and the
like) began dominating the market around WWII and their hybrid descendants
continue today.