Old 25-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Tumbleweed

Default Collapsing lupins

"Sacha" wrote in message
in article , bnd777 at
wrote on 24/8/03 5:57 pm:

"Sacha" wrote in message
We have just returned from Jersey and somebody there was telling us

that
her
Lupins grow, flower and then keel over halfway up the stem. snip

probably got dry sandy soil that does not hold moisture no matter how

much
compost is piled in to it

No, good loamy soil. This isn't on the south coast of Jersey where it can

be
sandy but inland in the north. Everything else flourishes.

Same here. Some plants OK, others just 'fell over'. No idea what caused it.
This soil (unlike my other post today) is good (long story).

--
Tumbleweed

newsgroups)