Old 26-08-2003, 12:42 AM
rosie readandpost

Default baseball bat zuchinni

thanks pat!

--
read and post daily, it works!
rosie

laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
......................... victor borge

"Pat Meadows" wrote in message ...
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:51:44 GMT, "rosie readandpost"
wrote:

what am i to do with HUGE baseball bat zucchini?
the diameter of these things (2) is about 10inches, and they truly are as long as a bat!
my husband loves to plant and watch things grown, but isn't big on the harvesting part!

You can wash them and shred them - no peeling necessary.
Then freeze them.

In the winter, you make zucchini bread or muffins, or veggie
burgers.

BTW, you don't have to blanch them - I froze shredded
zucchini last year both blanched and unblanched - as a test.

The unblanched zucchini kept just as well as the ones I'd
blanched, even better really. They stayed fine until I
finally threw them out this summer, after using as much as I
could!

Pat