Old 26-08-2003, 03:34 AM
Eric Haines

Default ANNOUNCE: Tree identification and quiz site

I've just finished a tree identification site and perl program, it's
at http://www.acm.org/tog/editors/erich/trees/trees.html. I've also
made a quiz program, it's at
http://www.acm.org/tog/editors/erich.../treequiz.html - this
program's pretty easy much of the time, as you'll get questions like

Which tree has this characteristic: Some needles scale-like?
A. Bur Oak
B. Dwarf Juniper

Uhhh, let me think... Anyway, enjoy - I've made this program for the
fun of it, and to help beginners (like me) get some ideas of what
they're looking at and what they should look for.

Comments appreciated. I do want to add some links to figures to help
explain some of the more obscure characteristic descriptions. So, if
you know of any sites with such figures, please let me know.

Eric