Old 26-08-2003, 03:34 AM
Eric Haines

Default ANNOUNCE: Tree identification and quiz site

I've just finished a tree identification site and perl program, it's
at http://www.acm.org/tog/editors/erich/trees/trees.html. I've also
made a quiz program, it's at
http://www.acm.org/tog/editors/erich.../treequiz.html - this
program's pretty easy much of the time, as you'll get questions like

Which tree has this characteristic: Some needles scale-like?
A. Bur Oak
B. Dwarf Juniper

Uhhh, let me think... Anyway, enjoy - I've made this program for the
fun of it, and to help beginners (like me) get some ideas of what
they're looking at and what they should look for.

Comments appreciated. I do want to add some links to figures to help
explain some of the more obscure characteristic descriptions. So, if
you know of any sites with such figures, please let me know.

Eric
Old 26-08-2003, 11:04 AM
P van Rijckevorsel

Links are dead?
PvR

Eric Haines schreef

Old 26-08-2003, 03:03 PM
Eric Haines

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 06:09:54 GMT, "P van Rijckevorsel"
wrote:

Links are dead?

Hmmm, you're right! I've moved it (and my wildflower and bird
identification programs) to:

http://www.realtimerendering.com/trees/trees.html

and the quiz to

http://www.realtimerendering.com/trees/treequiz.html

This should be a more stable site anyway. Sorry about that!

Eric
Old 26-08-2003, 03:03 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Trying out the quiz I submitted my perfect answers to be greeted by:
"The requested file was not found"
PvR

Eric Haines schreef

Old 26-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Iris Cohen

I've also
made a quiz program, it's at
http://www.acm.org/tog/editors/erich.../treequiz.html BRBR

What do I get if I win?
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

Old 26-08-2003, 05:12 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Our undying love?
PvR

PS you will have to prove that you won before we award it to you!

Iris Cohen schreef
What do I get if I win?
Iris,