Old 26-08-2003, 05:43 AM
Karen Mullen

Default PH question

In article , "Lee Brouillet"
writes:

The "freshwater test" - what's its top end?

7.4 is the high end of the freshwater test.

You may have exceeded its limits.

that's very possible, but as an experiment, I tested my fishtank and tap water
the same way. Fishtank was 6.0 and 7.4 and tap water was 7.2 and 8.4. I'm
not really worried about the Ph because, as you said, it's rock solid at
whatever the number is no matter what time of day I take the readings.

If you're using baking soda to raise your KH, then your pH should balance at
8.3 or 4. But it will stay there, rock solid, without the usual shifts from
AM to PM. The shifts are hard on the fish, so "solid" is better.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html