Old 26-08-2003, 11:03 AM
Ray

Default Help with Onc. ornithorrhyncum

My understanding is that they're pretty "leggy," and that can vary to a
minor degree depending upon the lighting level it is grown in.

Think of it as a loosely-spaced "flock" of pink butterflies trying to
attract mates, and the presentation makes more sense.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"mg" wrote in message ...
My Onc. ornithorrhyncum is in spike for the first time. The spike is a
scrawny looking thing with 12 or so tiny purple buds spaced along it.
The question I have is about length of time from spike to flower. This
spike has been out for at least a month now and the buds aren't getting
any bigger that I can tell. Otherwise the plant seems basically
healthy, it has a new growth out that is doing well. Anyone have
experience with this species?

Thanks,
-mg