Old 26-08-2003, 03:02 PM
rosie readandpost

Default baseball bat zuchinni

thanks steve!

--
read and post daily, it works!
rosie

"Acceptance is not submission; it is acknowledgment of the facts of a
situation, then deciding what you're going to do about it."
........................K.C. Theisen

"Steve" wrote in message ...
Rosie,
Guess what I do with the giant ones... I save them until October and
turn them into wonderful Jack-o-lanterns. They are not as naturally
hollow as a pumpkin but they do get soft and pithy around the seeds
after storage and can be hollowed out. I carve long droopy eyes, a long
nose and a turned up mouth. Stand them on each side of your front door
and people will do a double take when they notice them. ;-)
I keep a couple on the plant until it might frost just for this. They
can store for weeks or months if needed once they get that big.
I often grow yellow skinned zucchini and of course those make really
nice Jack-o-lanterns.

Steve

rosie readandpost wrote:
what am i to do with HUGE baseball bat zucchini?
the diameter of these things (2) is about 10inches, and they truly are as long as a bat!
my husband loves to plant and watch things grown, but isn't big on the harvesting part!

--
read and post daily, it works!
rosie

laughter is the shortest distance between two people.