Old 26-08-2003, 10:22 PM
Unique Too

Default Peachy-Orange and Purply Bed

Oooo. Tell me about it. Orange and purple are energizing, but, say,
Jude the Obscure and Ink Spots are just plain delicious to the eye.

Lady Hillingdon and Dark Shadows are similar in coloring Jude and Ink Spots.
Different flower forms, of course, but still stiking together.

The coral of First Edition and
lavender Angel Face looked great together, maybe my favorite color combo

ever.
So there. g

No way! You just busted clean out of my sterotype for you! g

I'm full of surprises. g
I'm working towards adding more dark colors to my garden. My problem is I keep
buying "red" roses who look plain old pink to me. Louis Phillipe and Emmie Gray
are both very nice roses sold as red, but both are really pink.
I want RED, screaming red, not pink. Ruby Mediland is my latest (surprised?)
and it really is red, cherry red. So far it looks like a good rose, but it's
still a baby. Purple Buttons isn't pink either, it's a deeper red, sure isn't
purple, but a very nice dark color. So I'm making progress.

Julie, I know you don't grow too many moderns, but have you ever
grown Apricot Nectar? It is the rose I currently long for. One of
those fab 1960s floribundas. Bulletproof like Europeana.

Funny you should mention this one. Recently I was trying to work out a trade
with someone and she offered an Apricot Nector. The photos I found look very
nice and I was willing to trade. Problem: I've already gotten rid of all my
rooted teas she was looking for.

Julie