Old 27-08-2003, 12:02 AM
Ray

Default mokara in spike: when to bring indoors?

David,

I have a flowering renanthera outside and it has handled the temperature
drop quite well! (Of course, it's probably a bit warmer down here in the
Philly area)

My experience is that pre-bud is a better time to move, although it might
discourage the plant from budding. If you change the conditions drastically
while in-bud, they are likely to blast.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"DKafkewitz" wrote in message
Ray: Thanks for the answer, but I am afraid the climate won't cooperate.

Here
in Northern NJ we have already had night temperatures in the high 40s.

Mokaras
are, as I understand, warm growers and I am afraid a cold blast at night

will
finish off the buds.

I guess the real question I am asking is which is least likely to abort

from a
change in growing condtions: a develvoping spike with no buds yet formed,

or
developing buds ?

David