Old 27-08-2003, 02:32 AM
RichToyBox

Default Pond vacuum

Anne,

I recently bought a shopvac to clean the veggie filters, in addition to the
filter mentioned by Joe. I found only Shop-Vac brand, and only some of
those, have the pump out feature that empties the shop vac through a garden
hose while the vacuum is pulling water from the pond. The pump is not
capable of keeping up with the shop vac, so you have to vac an area and then
suck air for a while for it to empty some of the water, or it will fill the
reservoir and then shut off.
--
RichToyBox

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
. com...
Joe,

I don't suppose you have any ideas for those of us who have the wet-vac
already, but don't want to have to empty the thing out? (My water garden

is
really tiny, so the design you show would be way more than I need.)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"joe" wrote in message
pixi wrote:

Did I read something about a wet-dry vacuum cleaner that would clean

the
bottom of the pond without having to empty the cleaner? That is, that
debris and water just pass through the cleaner onto the ground.

I think lots of people on the group use a wet/dry vacuum. I build this:

http://www.geocities.com/richtoybox/pondpage4.html

Design courtesy of RichToyBox. It works great!

Joe