Old 28-08-2003, 02:02 AM
snafu

Default Amazing broccili

wrote in message

I can hardly believe that I am still harvesting broccoli. I just picked a
head on one of the plants about 8" in diameter. This is at least the 5th

or
6th picking from my plants, maybe more. I've lost count. Has anyone else's
broccoli produced all summer long? This is a first for me.

sparkie
Zone 6

I grew broccoli for the first time this year (my sweetie loves it) and I've
been harvesting all summer long. Every day or two I get another batch that's
enough for a meal. Our summer here in south-central PA has been cool and
rainy and I suspect that has given me a lot more than I ever expected.
Lately though the heads have been getting smaller and the flowers opening
faster, but I've still got a few pickin's left.