Old 27-08-2003, 01:02 PM

Default Amazing broccili

I can hardly believe that I am still harvesting broccoli. I just picked a
head on one of the plants about 8" in diameter. This is at least the 5th or
6th picking from my plants, maybe more. I've lost count. Has anyone else's
broccoli produced all summer long? This is a first for me.

sparkie
Zone 6
Old 27-08-2003, 06:12 PM
pascarj

When I grow broccoli, I usually get small side shoots after the main
harvest. The stem where I cut the main head develops a hole in the
center, collects water and rots. Wish I could get even a second good
harvest. Congrats.

John
Zone 5
--
more like a yard sale that a business
http://tinyurl.com/l0oz

Old 28-08-2003, 01:14 AM
SAS567

I can hardly believe that I am still harvesting broccoli. I just picked a
head on one of the plants about 8" in diameter. This is at least the 5th or
6th picking from my plants, maybe more. I've lost count. Has anyone else's
broccoli produced all summer long? This is a first for me.

sparkie
Zone 6

I am still harvesting broccoli, too. Mine has never lasted this long but many
things are growing different this year due to the weather. I have beautiful
pumpkin vines but no pumpkins. My glads are growing weird and my tomato plants
have tomatoes but the plants look bad. My okra is producing, but the plants are
only a couple of feet tall. Last year they were over 5' tall.
Sue in Mi. Zone 5

Old 28-08-2003, 02:02 AM
snafu

wrote in message

I can hardly believe that I am still harvesting broccoli. I just picked a
head on one of the plants about 8" in diameter. This is at least the 5th

or
6th picking from my plants, maybe more. I've lost count. Has anyone else's
broccoli produced all summer long? This is a first for me.

sparkie
Zone 6

I grew broccoli for the first time this year (my sweetie loves it) and I've
been harvesting all summer long. Every day or two I get another batch that's
enough for a meal. Our summer here in south-central PA has been cool and
rainy and I suspect that has given me a lot more than I ever expected.
Lately though the heads have been getting smaller and the flowers opening
faster, but I've still got a few pickin's left.

Old 29-08-2003, 01:22 PM

Good to hear others are still picking. I get the side shoots and the
flowers open quicker but it seems every plant still produces a larger head.
I'm just amazed.

I wish I had saved the tag that was on the plants so I could get the same
variety next year. These plants produce the sweetest broccoli.

cheers,
sparkie
Zone 6

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 00:53:39 GMT, "snafu"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .

I can hardly believe that I am still harvesting broccoli. I just picked a
head on one of the plants about 8" in diameter. This is at least the 5th

or
6th picking from my plants, maybe more. I've lost count. Has anyone else's
broccoli produced all summer long? This is a first for me.

sparkie
Zone 6

I grew broccoli for the first time this year (my sweetie loves it) and I've
been harvesting all summer long. Every day or two I get another batch that's
enough for a meal. Our summer here in south-central PA has been cool and
rainy and I suspect that has given me a lot more than I ever expected.
Lately though the heads have been getting smaller and the flowers opening
faster, but I've still got a few pickin's left.

[IMG] code is On

Getting broccili seeds [email protected] Edible Gardening 5 11-11-2005 02:50 PM
Congrats rec.ponds. Amazing newsgroup. Hats off. Theo van Daele Ponds 31 07-05-2003 10:44 AM
amazing recovery Ted Byers Orchids 2 21-03-2003 12:56 PM
Amazing shop Steve Harris United Kingdom 0 23-01-2003 02:25 AM
Caterpillars are amazing! Chris United Kingdom 7 08-12-2002 09:27 PM