Old 28-08-2003, 02:02 AM
Peggy

Default lotus bloom

I was so excited. Been ponding 3rd year now and this year decided to try
lotus. It is a dwarf variety not expensive. It finally sent up a bud and
took forever to open. It was a tight partially open 1st day 2nd day it was
just beautiful to look then on the 3rd day strong winds blew it right off
the plant. So glad I took a picture. . . the snow will probably fly before
it sends up another bud this late in the season. But there is always next
year. Read in an issue of a pond magazine that some can be overwintered at
the bottom of the pond. I'm in zone 5 anyone up this far ever try it??