Old 28-08-2003, 04:05 AM
AngrieWoman

Default Keeping the pond bottom clean/winter frogs

I'm worried about my frogs too. I am thinking that I will just save a bucket
of muck and put it back in the water for the frogs. My pond is about 3' deep
though, so I do not think they will need to worry about becoming frogsicles.

I am trying to figure out how to net the pond, because my leaves are
starting to fall a little now. It is still warm, so I can't just cover the
pond up and trap the froggies in.

"The Suttons" wrote in message
I keep the bottom of my pond as clean as I can. Last year all of my frogs
froze because there wasn't enough muck to bury in. What do I do about

that?
What should I put in the bottom to help them make it through the winter? I
have a 125 gallon preform with airstones running in the winter and the

fish
have overwintered fine for the last four years.

Thanks,
Anne