Old 28-08-2003, 11:22 AM
Stephen Howard

Default I don't belieeeeeeve it

I see in this week's issue of the esteemed RT that there's a new
'detective duo' show in the offing - one which combines the skills of
thief-taking with gardening.

Can we expect to hear such lines as:

"Aha, Jim 'The Spade' McGraw, gotcha bang to rights!"
"Gah, it's a fair cop guv - but what gave the game away?"
"That patch of disturbed soil - you tried to disguise the fact you'd
hidden the body there by planting it up....but you made the mistake of
putting in a Coccineum speciosum - and this soil is alkaline!"
"And I'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling
horticulturists!"

Or...

"Quick, there's someone coming - get down behind this Buddleia davidii
( var Alba ).. and mind the Alchemilla mollis!"
"Dash it all, I've snagged me tights on the Berberis x mentorensis."

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk