Old 28-08-2003, 11:22 AM
Stephen Howard

Default I don't belieeeeeeve it

I see in this week's issue of the esteemed RT that there's a new
'detective duo' show in the offing - one which combines the skills of
thief-taking with gardening.

Can we expect to hear such lines as:

"Aha, Jim 'The Spade' McGraw, gotcha bang to rights!"
"Gah, it's a fair cop guv - but what gave the game away?"
"That patch of disturbed soil - you tried to disguise the fact you'd
hidden the body there by planting it up....but you made the mistake of
putting in a Coccineum speciosum - and this soil is alkaline!"
"And I'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling
horticulturists!"

Or...

"Quick, there's someone coming - get down behind this Buddleia davidii
( var Alba ).. and mind the Alchemilla mollis!"
"Dash it all, I've snagged me tights on the Berberis x mentorensis."

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk

Old 28-08-2003, 02:02 PM
Jim W

Stephen Howard wrote:

I see in this week's issue of the esteemed RT that there's a new
'detective duo' show in the offing - one which combines the skills of
thief-taking with gardening.

LOL Yes, the 'RT never lies Wallace'!-) (except on a regular basis when
they print the scheduling wrong!!-)

Can we expect to hear such lines as:

"Aha, Jim 'The Spade' McGraw, gotcha bang to rights!"
"Gah, it's a fair cop guv - but what gave the game away?"
"That patch of disturbed soil - you tried to disguise the fact you'd
hidden the body there by planting it up....but you made the mistake of
putting in a Coccineum speciosum - and this soil is alkaline!"
"And I'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling
horticulturists!"

If the trailers for this piece of light entertainment are to be believed
its a Jonathan Creek meets very cheap gardening show type productions..

We'll see!-..
//

Old 28-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Malcolm Ogilvie

In article , Stephen Howard
writes

I see in this week's issue of the esteemed RT that there's a new
'detective duo' show in the offing - one which combines the skills of
thief-taking with gardening.

Can we expect to hear such lines as:

"Aha, Jim 'The Spade' McGraw, gotcha bang to rights!"
"Gah, it's a fair cop guv - but what gave the game away?"
"That patch of disturbed soil - you tried to disguise the fact you'd
hidden the body there by planting it up....but you made the mistake of
putting in a Coccineum speciosum - and this soil is alkaline!"
"And I'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling
horticulturists!"

Or...

"Quick, there's someone coming - get down behind this Buddleia davidii
( var Alba ).. and mind the Alchemilla mollis!"
"Dash it all, I've snagged me tights on the Berberis x mentorensis."

Like it :-)

But at least one of the "detectives" is Felicity Kendall who is always
very watchable and who was, of course, a keen(?) gardener as Barbara in
"The Good Life"!

--
Malcolm
Old 28-08-2003, 08:12 PM
martin

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:25:40 +0100, Malcolm Ogilvie
wrote:

But at least one of the "detectives" is Felicity Kendall who is always
very watchable and who was, of course, a keen(?) gardener as Barbara in
"The Good Life"!

20-25 years ago?
--
Martin

Old 28-08-2003, 10:02 PM
Malcolm Ogilvie

In article , martin
writes
wrote:

But at least one of the "detectives" is Felicity Kendall who is always
very watchable and who was, of course, a keen(?) gardener as Barbara in
"The Good Life"!

20-25 years ago?

Still being repeated by the Beeb.

--
Malcolm
Old 28-08-2003, 10:02 PM
martin

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:48:44 +0100, Malcolm Ogilvie
wrote:

In article , martin
writes
wrote:

But at least one of the "detectives" is Felicity Kendall who is always
very watchable and who was, of course, a keen(?) gardener as Barbara in
"The Good Life"!

20-25 years ago?

Still being repeated by the Beeb.

Like everything else.

The Avengers John Steed+Emma Peel are on Dutch TV at the moment
--
Martin
Old 28-08-2003, 11:33 PM
Stephen Howard

wrote:

Like it :-)

But at least one of the "detectives" is Felicity Kendall who is always
very watchable and who was, of course, a keen(?) gardener as Barbara in
"The Good Life"!

I think she's rather more 'panned out' than 'pinned up' these days...
but then aren't we all?

I'd still snog her, mind - but would she snog me???

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Old 29-08-2003, 12:04 AM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Stephen Howard contains these words:

I see in this week's issue of the esteemed RT that there's a new
'detective duo' show in the offing - one which combines the skills of
thief-taking with gardening.

Sounds like a natural combination to me :-) Gardeners tend to be
observant people, attuned to subtle nuances, and well camouflaged.

Janet.
Old 29-08-2003, 10:43 AM
Malcolm Ogilvie

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from Stephen Howard contains these words:

I see in this week's issue of the esteemed RT that there's a new
'detective duo' show in the offing - one which combines the skills of
thief-taking with gardening.

Sounds like a natural combination to me :-) Gardeners tend to be
observant people, attuned to subtle nuances, and well camouflaged.

And some of them are not at all bad at "thieving" :-)

Or whatever you like call the apparently quite widespread habit of
surreptitiously (though sometimes quite blatantly) acquiring little bits
of plants they like the look of when going round other people's gardens,
as my parents (and others of my acquaintance) discovered when their
garden used to be open to the public. One or two of their more unusual
bushes looked as if they had been pruned after a few Sunday openings,
and not just signs of shoots broken off but obvious secateur cuts!!

--
Malcolm