Old 28-08-2003, 12:22 PM
roy

Default Poplar tree removal - poison

P&J wrote:

I am having a poplar type tree removed from my garden. The tree
surgeon says that he needs to use poison on the stump to prevent it
growing back.

Is this essential

No, it is not essential. If some grows back then you are at liberty
to rip up what does grow back.

& would the poison be dangerous ?

Could be. Depends on what it is.

I plan on having an organic veggie patch - only a few metres a way &
already have a few things very near to the tree -so I do have some
concerns.

It is now proven that plants take up many toxic elements from the
soil. If you plant in a poisoned patch dont be surprised if the
plants take it up.

Why not play safe? The tree surgeon doesn't HAVE to do anything you
dont want him to.

roy

Thanks in advance.

PJ