Old 28-08-2003, 05:12 PM
Tumbleweed

Default Poplar tree removal - poison

"P&J" wrote in message
I am having a poplar type tree removed from my garden. The tree surgeon

says
that he needs to use poison on the stump to prevent it growing back.

Is this essential & would the poison be dangerous ?

I plan on having an organic veggie patch - only a few metres a way &

already
have a few things very near to the tree -so I do have some concerns.

Thanks in advance.

PJ

Why, are you planning to eat the stump after its dead? The organic plants
you are growing are full of pesticides and carcinogens anyway (organic ones
of course) so I wouldnt worry about it.

--
Tumbleweed

newsgroups)