Old 28-08-2003, 07:22 PM
Chris Stewart

Default Brown blotches on Sambucus nigra Black Beauty leaves.

wrote in message
Thanks Chris,

Hi Ellen - was it v sunny the following morning - after you watered it??
It could be burning due to the magnification effect of the water

droplets?
I'll bet it will be fine next year - it's a handsome bush - beautiful
flowers.

Ah, you have a good point there, I think it probably was sunny the
following morning and the worst affected side of the shrub was both where
I was doing most of the watering and where the morning sun would have hit.

However I am still puzzled as the other side of the shrub, where I did
some watering, was affected too, although not as much. This side would
not have had sun till later on.

I wondered if some parts of the leaves got burnt due to the chilling
effect of the water droplets evaporating.

Ellen.

Could be - could be chicken pox :-)