Old 29-08-2003, 10:43 AM
Malcolm Ogilvie

Default I don't belieeeeeeve it

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from Stephen Howard contains these words:

I see in this week's issue of the esteemed RT that there's a new
'detective duo' show in the offing - one which combines the skills of
thief-taking with gardening.

Sounds like a natural combination to me :-) Gardeners tend to be
observant people, attuned to subtle nuances, and well camouflaged.

And some of them are not at all bad at "thieving" :-)

Or whatever you like call the apparently quite widespread habit of
surreptitiously (though sometimes quite blatantly) acquiring little bits
of plants they like the look of when going round other people's gardens,
as my parents (and others of my acquaintance) discovered when their
garden used to be open to the public. One or two of their more unusual
bushes looked as if they had been pruned after a few Sunday openings,
and not just signs of shoots broken off but obvious secateur cuts!!

--
Malcolm