Old 29-08-2003, 11:02 AM
Mike Lyle

Default Poplar tree removal - poison

Sacha wrote in message . ..
in article , Mike Lyle at
wrote on 28/8/03 6:11 pm:

[...]
If you do have to leave a stump, bore several holes in the top and
fill them with dry sodium chlorate weedkiller, then cover with
something waterproof. The chlorate will both kill the stump and make
it easy to burn with a fire on top a few weeks later. None of the
chemical should escape if your cover stays in place; but make sure it
doesn't, as it's a total unselective plant-killer which can hang about
in the ground: the makers say six months to be on the safe side.

The OP is worried about the use of poisons or didn't you see that? That was
the reason for his query.

I answered the query explaining (with, I flatter myself, some clarity)
which poison could be used and then destroyed without leaving
dangerous residues, and how to do it. Perhaps you didn't see that.

I'd think that someone who didn't want poisons near his veg patch would be
worried about something so toxic that it could lay waste to said patch for 6
months - maybe.
snip

I included a warning of the possible consequences if he got it wrong.
It seems you saw that.

Mike.