Old 29-08-2003, 02:02 PM
martyn edwards

Default lupins

"Saffy" wrote in message

"ouglas" wrote in message
My lupins are finished for this year..each has done well and in the

past
have left the plants alone until the Spring.

Now I am told that I should cut them back to about 4 inches. They would
certainly look tidier

Advice Please
Douglas

I can't answer your query Douglas, but I hope someone else can cos I would
quite like the answer to this one myself!

Jane.

Douglas-I cut the flowering stalk back to ground level after they have

flowered once. They can then flower a second time within the same season. I
would cut them back again after the 2nd flush. Keep the seeds if you wish. I
found mine multiplied very quickly so you can also lift and divide them if
you
want to spread them about a bit! the ones I moved this year though haven't
flowered so I think they take a year to settle in.(Someone else might know
more on this) The main palnt that I left in situ did flower. Lesley