Old 29-08-2003, 07:42 PM
Andy Petro

Default Drilling holes in compost barrel

The holes should be about one inch on the sides and the bottom You cannot
drill too many of them!

Brian Braun wrote:

I have two barrels I got from my local Saturn dealer. They had car
washing solution in them, are of the 55 gallon size and are opaque
white plastic.

I want to use at least one for a compost barrel after a thorough
rinsing,. I have the hardware to install a hinged lid and will roll it
around every few days to mix the contents.

The one thing I am not clear on is where and how many holes to drill.
The advice I have read says to drill holes but I have not seen the
deatails. Specifically:

(1) Where? Top and bottom? The sides or both?

(2) What size holes?

(3) How many?

Any feeedback will help me get this up and running this weekend.