Old 29-08-2003, 10:02 PM
Aaron

Default Help with AO 820 microtome

Hello,

I need some help overhaulling a used AO 820 microtome. I would
appreciate any guidance offered. The unit is old but all the parts
seem to be here. The unit has not seen service for some time and will
need to be cleaned and lubed. There seems to be a problem with the
micrometer adjustment that determines the thickness of the section..
The adjustment knob turns something that is not meshing with the teeth
of the control gear. The main advance ratchet works well and the slide
ways which control the arm are fine. I will need knives and would
appreciate all information and recommendations.

Thanks
Aaron