Old 30-08-2003, 03:02 AM
Karen Mullen

Default Help! Lime Green Water

yes WH/WL can be aggressive growers, but if you have koi they'll eat the roots
off, goldfish do too but not as much as koi. I put them in the top of my
biofilter and rotate them with the ones in the pond to give the roots a chance
to regrow. When they start overtaking, I remove some of the older larger ones
to the compost heap.
Karen

In article , "John Burton"
writes:

Any other "tricks" other than plopping in water hyacinth or water lettuce.
I hear that both are so agressive that they tend to "take over" the top of
the falls or where ever they're planted.

One suggestion I heard (and would like a bit of feedback) is to put them in
a PVC "square". That is, build a ring around the rosie ...

Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html
My Art Studio at