Old 30-08-2003, 06:15 AM
Alan Gould

Default Jersey Sunrise tomatoes

In article , Sacha
writes

So sorry to have forgotten. If you still want some JS, let me have your
address. Has your archaeological friend been involved in the Mont Orgueil
dispute? ;-) I tried to grow some Jersey Cabbage last year and forgot all
about them with predictable results. How tall did yours get and did you
make walking sticks from them?

Our friend chats endlessly with us about gardening, but she is very
taciturn indeed about archaeology.

Thanks for the offer of Jersey Sunrise tomato seed, but we've had such a
glut of tomatoes for freezing this year and last year that we really are
going to grow only sufficient next year for fresh eating - i.e 4 to 6.

This year's Walking Stick cabbages grew to 4-5ft. with thick stems plus
side and top greenery. They were started rather late though and they
didn't have the kind of attention which should bring them to 8 or 10ft,
hopefully with more slender stems. I am going to begin some more seed
now to over-winter and try for better results next year. I noticed that
the best of this year's plants were those in full sunlight, so I'll give
them a more favourable position next year.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.