Old 30-08-2003, 03:22 PM
Barb

Default [IBC] succulents as bonsai

Morning all,
I bought a Jade plant the other day that has 5-8 seperate trunk plants in
the one pot.. I picked it because I wanted as much as I could get for my
money, in reading about the soil for them, when I re pot them, I think as a
forest sean, should I put more sand int the regular potting soil then it
already has?
Thanks for answers..
Barb

Subject: [IBC] succulents as bonsai

Peter Le Roux wrote:

(( When you buy jade plants in the US they are quite often potted in regular
potting soil which is much too heavy. Most people who buy these plants
aren't going to consider repotting in a coarse soil, and will probably water
them like regular house plants.
I have my two jade plants in the mixture of bonsai soil I use for my

conifers--3/4 turface and 1/4 bark. The soil drains quickly. One of them
I haven't watered since I took it out of its nursery container 3 weeks
ago))

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++