Old 08-02-2003, 02:43 AM
Cricket

Default Red Sails

You might try Pablo Batavian Lettuce for a similar leaved red lettuce with
more hear resistance. Sweet Valentine is also good, but more of a red
romaine. Some good green lettuces with market potential and high heat
resistance are Anuenue, Ermosa, Cosmo, Vanity, and Nevada. But Pablo
Batavian is what I would recommend for a heat resistant Red Sails type.

--
Please see our website of gardening products at
http://www.southernexposure.com

Peace

Cricket
"James Mayer" wrote in message
Is that the same as the red leaf lettuce they sell in stores like
Publix? How does it do in Florida? Will it take the heat? Will it
grow all year long in the Tampa area?