Old 30-08-2003, 06:12 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] succulents as bonsai

Barb wrote:

Morning all,
I bought a Jade plant the other day that has 5-8 seperate trunk plants in
the one pot.. I picked it because I wanted as much as I could get for my
money, in reading about the soil for them, when I re pot them, I think as a
forest sean, should I put more sand int the regular potting soil then it
already has?
Thanks for answers..
Barb

snip

Barb:
I would put it in a mixture that is mostly coarse and drains fairly quickly. If it
is in regular potting soil, I'd recommend letting it dry out completely, taking it
out of the pot, shaking off as much potting soil as possible, and repotting in a
mixture that is at least half sand. I've seen them in some garden centers
growingin 100% sand with no trouble.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++