Old 31-08-2003, 01:02 AM
RichToyBox

Default Clawfoot Bathtub Ponds

There was a vendor at the Mid-Atlantic Koi Club's Koi America 2003 by the
name of willow pond aqua farms fountains. They had a claw foot bath tub
with a very decorative piping scheme as a fountain. They donated it to the
club for auction. If I had the truck at the show, I would have owned it.
It was neat. I tried to find a web site to see if they had pictures but no
luck on finding a site. They had the drain plumbed to a pump, and the pump
discharge went to the hot and cold water valves, then through a shower tube
for elevation, then it went in various maze like patterns. The plumbing was
painted pink and purple and green. I now have to try to figure out how to
plumb one. I have an old tub being saved for me. It will go in the front
yard as a piece of statuary. Might try to use it for a koi nursery for next
years fry.
--
RichToyBox

"PJGolden1" wrote in message
I'm trying to convince my husband to let me have a relative's clawfoot

bathtup
to create a pond under our covered patio.

He thinks I'm nuts.....I think he's without vision...

Anyway, after doing a google search, I kept finding the term "bog" coming

up.
Is there a book that anyone could reccommend about bog ponds so I can find

out
what type of plants/fish that I could put in it? And also what type of
filtration do I need with it? I am truly a newbie at this but I'm afraid

that
if I don't jump at the tub chance, then I won't get it, and if I do get

it,
then I won't get the right equipment to set the tub up.

Thanks,
Paula