Old 31-08-2003, 01:52 AM
Gregory Young

Default Ball Cocks

Yes, but standard gates are not recommended for the pressure side of the
plumbing. They are usually used on the return sides.
Happy ponding,
Greg

--

"Ted" wrote in message
From what I have read that is why they recommend you use a gate type

valve.
The balls will eventually get hard to turn becuase the crud going through

is
getting behind the ball when it is opened and closed.
Whatever you are going to try to put on them is going to end up in your
pond remember..

Lisa

"Jeff & Kathy Brown" wrote in message
news
We have several ball cocks installed on the plumbing around our pond.

They
have become quite hard to turn in order to shut down the water line.

Does
anyone have any suggestions on some kind of a device or something, to

make
them easier to turn? Thanks.
Kathy