Old 30-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Jeff & Kathy Brown

Default Ball Cocks

We have several ball cocks installed on the plumbing around our pond. They
have become quite hard to turn in order to shut down the water line. Does
anyone have any suggestions on some kind of a device or something, to make
them easier to turn? Thanks.
Kathy

Old 30-08-2003, 05:42 PM
John Hines

"Jeff & Kathy Brown" wrote:

We have several ball cocks installed on the plumbing around our pond. They
have become quite hard to turn in order to shut down the water line. Does
anyone have any suggestions on some kind of a device or something, to make
them easier to turn? Thanks.

A tube of plumber's grease from the hardware store? The stuff they use
to lube valves and faucets.
Old 30-08-2003, 09:03 PM
Ted

From what I have read that is why they recommend you use a gate type valve.
The balls will eventually get hard to turn becuase the crud going through is
getting behind the ball when it is opened and closed.
Whatever you are going to try to put on them is going to end up in your
pond remember..

Lisa

news

Old 31-08-2003, 12:02 AM

yeah.. gates last for years. what we got on our spa. Ingrid

"Ted" wrote:

From what I have read that is why they recommend you use a gate type valve.
The balls will eventually get hard to turn becuase the crud going through is
getting behind the ball when it is opened and closed.
Whatever you are going to try to put on them is going to end up in your
pond remember..

Lisa

"Jeff & Kathy Brown" wrote in message
news
We have several ball cocks installed on the plumbing around our pond.

They
have become quite hard to turn in order to shut down the water line. Does
anyone have any suggestions on some kind of a device or something, to make
them easier to turn? Thanks.
Kathy

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 31-08-2003, 12:02 AM
Mickey

Mine stopped working and on disassembly I found out what hard water does to
plastic valves ball valves. The valves were hard to turn and would not shut
off. They had a build up of deposits in a couple of months that prevented
them from closing.

"Ted" wrote in message
From what I have read that is why they recommend you use a gate type

valve.

Old 31-08-2003, 06:32 AM
jammer

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 11:35:44 -0400, "Jeff & Kathy Brown"
wrote:

We have several ball cocks installed on the plumbing around our pond. They
have become quite hard to turn in order to shut down the water line. Does
anyone have any suggestions on some kind of a device or something, to make
them easier to turn? Thanks.
Kathy

I thought this was sex spam and i just looked to see what the others
said. HAHA

ball;ing on Aloha dave weil Roses 3 03-08-2003 07:42 PM
Ball on lawn David Hill United Kingdom 6 17-07-2003 01:22 AM
Ball on lawn David Hill United Kingdom 0 16-07-2003 06:05 AM
Root ball question clipster Gardening 2 18-05-2003 06:32 PM
Telegraph : Odd ball letter starts maths puzzle mania Tarzan United Kingdom 3 09-02-2003 09:19 AM