Old 31-08-2003, 04:22 AM
Shell91

Default frugal shrubs?

How about a Holly? We have a beautiful Holly hedge which easily gets to
over 6 ft. if it isn't pruned back. I am in zone 9 but I think Holly should
do ok in zone 7. Our hedge is probably 30 years old and is joined on one
side with a Prycanthia hedge of equal age. The Prycanthia used to be almost
trees until the neighbor asked if they could "trim it a bit" Next thing it
was around 3 ft. instead of around 8 ft. and nearly dead (thier intention
I'm sure, they don't like our hedge)

The Holly will put out suckers though. We just mow over them.

Shell

"Mogie" wrote in message
I live in the Pacific Northwest (zone 7). Are there any everygreen
inexpensive and hardy shurbs (at least 6 ft. tall) anyone can recommend?