Old 31-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Rod

Default unwanted lime trees

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message

And I want to speak up for the sycamore. Sure, it seeds like crazy, and not many of our invertebrates or fungi

have adapted to it yet (which, of course, is why it can be a nuisance); but an eighty-foot mature specimen, or
better still a group of them, is a fine sight; and the wood is excellent for turnery and I suppose furniture;
pretty fair firewood, too.

Amen to all of that, I've made some lovely furniture and turned items from that which was too good to burn. My
feeling get more mixed when I spend a couple of weeks each year on my hands and knees getting seedlings out of my
new plantings - but yes I likeSycamore in the right place. If you see sycamore seedlings where you don't want them,
get 'em out *now* it will be much more difficult later.

Rod