Old 31-08-2003, 10:22 PM
FBCS

Default Any going to Lilypons in Frederick MD

I enjoy stopping by while in the area. They have some ponds set up and many
bog areas with lillies, lotus and bog plants. I purchased 3 butterfly
earlier this year from them and they are doing great. They are twice the
size they were when purchased. I did pick up more butterfly when I was there
(I have a hole in my head) and 8 plants. The weather was touch and go. They
also sell some products, as for fish they have different sized Koi,
Butterfly Koi, GF, oh yea and they had some Israeli Koi. I talked to a guy
there, I thinks he runs the place, he said they do quarantine the fish when
they come in. I didn't take a chance and quarantined these even though they
looked fine.

I learned my lesson. I never quarantined the new guys before. After buying
some from a show, ( hearing in the back of my mind everyone on this group
yelling at me if I didn't) I quarantined them only for then to die the next
day, they were sick babies and would have caused a disaster in the pond.

I'm pleased you have clear water I believe I will see it one day. Joann

"Ralph" wrote in message
Hi David and Joann. We dropped my daughter off at Hood College in

Frederick
last weekend and I read about the festival and the grounds. It sounds like
quite a place, unfortunately we did not have time to visit it. I am

planning
a trip down to Frederick around Mid October, is this a place we should

make
an effort to go to, even without the festival.. We are from the Rochester,
NY area. I am new to ponds put in a smaller preform (150 gal) about 10
weeks ago. Have 7 feeder goldfish that are doing well. Went through the
cloudy and pea soup water situations and now the water is nice and clear,

can even see a couple of small stones that I used to weight down the
submerged plants. Ralph