Old 01-09-2003, 02:42 AM
Gregory L. Hansen

Default any benefit for a fruit orchard to have a marmot (groundhog)

In article ,
Archimedes Plutonium NOdtgEMAIL wrote:
My place seems rife for marmots. Whether it is the pond in the corner,
or whether it is the nearby cornfields, or whether it is lack of dogs or
whether
it is the outbuildings.

Can someone tell me if marmots have any beneficial affect on a fruit
orchard or are they utter pests.

I wonder if badgers kill marmots, and whether I should be looking for
some badgers and introduce them into my area to clear out the marmots.

Anyone have any experience with these animals.

http://www.nysaes.cornell.edu/pubs/press/foxes.html

Some golf courses also encourage foxes to live on the grounds, because
they go after geese.
--
"A nice adaptation of conditions will make almost any hypothesis agree
with the phenomena. This will please the imagination but does not advance